Philly Bike Expo | November 7 & 8 | Pennsylvania Convention Center

Welcome No matter how long you bike, you never stop learning. There are so many exciting new features lined up for the 2015 Philly Bike Expo—our sixth year!—including a gravel bike seminar, a live demo from custom headbadge artist Jen Green, our framebuilders’ panel (which will include two female framebuilders this time), and a crash

More
1 min read
/

A better future is out there. Will we build walls or bridges?

Our Infrastructure, Ourselves by Heather Shayne Blakeslee Humans move in response to stimuli, just like most other living beings on this planet, whether it’s reflexively withdrawing our hand when we are burned by a pot on the gas stove, or deciding to take a back road when the highway is jammed.  Both are relatively quick

More
2 mins read
/

Female entrepreneur builds local soup brand into a cafe in Kensington

photo by Ryan Scott Lovin’ Spoonful by Emily Teel At any successful party, guests might remark over their plates, “This is really good. You should sell this!” While many hosts smile and wave off the idea, Kate Hartman followed through. She started her company, Good Spoon Seasonal Foods, cooking grass-fed beef chili that she served

More
2 mins read
/

A Case for a Cooperative Economy

Disrupting Business As Usual by Peter Frank I rely every day on cooperative businesses owned and controlled by my neighbors and friends. I buy groceries from Kensington Community Food Co-op, source my energy from the Energy Co-op, bank with Philadelphia Federal Credit Union and Sun Federal Credit Union, and drink coffee and dine at W/N

More
1 min read

R.E.Load Bags aims to make customers happy over the long haul

Built to Last by Alex Jones Since 1988, R.E.Load Bags has produced ultra-sturdy, infinitely customizable messenger bags, cycling accessories and other gear. But the company’s real strategy for sales and sustainability is playing matchmaker: Listening to what customers want, then bringing the bag of their dreams to life—and creating a product that’s meant to last

More
2 mins read
1 20 21 22 23 24 29