We extended the application deadline to July 27.
Are you a bike-riding, garden-growing, veggie-composting professional looking for an entry-level job at a small, entrepreneurial company? Red Flag Media, a growing independent magazine publisher based in Philadelphia, seeks a driven individual to join the marketing and advertising team for Grid magazine.
This individual would work as an assistant to our Sales & Marketing Manager, helping to manage our growing contact database, interfacing with advertisers, helping with the production and preparation of marketing and advertising materials, and completing various other editorial and production projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of computer proficiency and a background in Business, Marketing, Sales, Journalism or English. They will display excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to multi-task and interact with a variety of people. This person will have a familiarity with databases and a knack and interest for organizing and systematizing information. We are looking for a community-minded person who is detail-oriented, goal-driven and entrepreneurial.
A passion for sustainability and for print is a must.
This is a full-time, entry-level position with generous benefits stationed in our Center City Philadelphia office. Salary is $25K to $27K, commensurate with experience.
- Research and gather new advertising leads
- Sell and traffick ads
- Manage lower-level, email-based advertising relationships
- Update and keep track of the Grid advertiser database
- Work with the finance team to ensure that all advertisements are invoiced and paid per agreed-upon terms
- Gather data and give weekly progress reports at advertising meetings
- Send out advertising e-blasts to targeted email lists
- Systematize the ad database, organizing, categorizing and ultimately assisting with creation of new database application
- Assist the Sales & Marketing Manager and Grid interns in fact-checking Grid articles
- Help the Sales & Marketing Manager and Grid interns in gathering and writing calendar listings
- Write photo captions when assigned
- Preflight ads and perform basic design services for advertisers
- Help in placing ads and checking all final ad placements
Applications are due July 27. Our interview period closes August 3. Our ideal start date is August 3.
We care about cover letters. Explain your interest, convey your passion and tell us why you want to be a part of our team.
We also want to get a feel for your experience and communication style. Please include a sample email in which you pitch Grid magazine to a potential advertiser.
- Please send the pitch email, along with your cover letter and your résumé in a combined PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Grid Assistant” in the subject line of your email. No calls or drop-ins, please.
Please be advised: only full applications will be accepted. We apologize that we will only be contacting those candidates that we wish to interview, and we thank you in advance for your interest in joining our team.